Position: Program Manager (Media Dev and MIL)
Program: Media Development and Media and Information Literacy (Media Dev and MIL)
Contract: Yearly contract. Full-time (40 hours a week)
Remuneration: 120,000 PKR / Month
Benefits: Health insurance
About the Position
The position of Project Manager presents an excellent opportunity to take up a diverse and challenging role at MMfD’s Media Development and Media Information Literacy Program. Individuals particularly interested in working with journalism media and passionate about skill development of journalists would find this an excellent opportunity to contribute to the media development space. In addition, the position will require both team management, and research and writing, and thus suited for individuals interested in all these aspects of work.
Please note that this is an Islamabad based position and work from home or remote work options are not available.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of working experience, with at least 3 years experience of working directly in the journalism media and content production for print, digital, and/or broadcast medium(s),
- Versatile writing skills. Preference would be given to candidates who can demonstrate ability to write for different kinds of audiences, and to candidates with published work,
- Pre-existing network within media industry, in particular women journalists, and an excellent understanding of key challenges and opportunities within the industry,
- Ability to work in team(s), time management, and to work on deadlines is important.
- Manage operations and implementation of assigned project(s) and tasks in coordination with the Director Programs and the Senior Program Manager(s),
- Manage and coordinate the project team and ensure timely implementation of project activities,
- Coordinate with design and communication managers among others to create communication and visibility products,
- Oversight and support for project partners,
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure documentation and assessment,
- Support Director Programs and the Senior Program Manager(s) for preparation of regular project implementation reports and other project management documentation.
For more information please contact HR@mediamatters.pk
How to Apply?
Send your CVs along with a cover letter to HR@mediamatters.pk no later than 10th October 2021. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW