Project Position: Assistant Project Director
Program: Media Development and Media and Information Literacy (Media Dev and MIL)
Contract: Short-term employment (6 months). Full-time (40 hours a week). Unextendable contract.
Remuneration: 220,000 PKR / Month
About the Position
This is a short term (6 months long) project management position, and will entail full project implementation, management, and monitoring/reporting of a new MMFD initiative focused on media, gender and marginalisation. The position will require day to day coordination and management of the project, community engagement and mobilisation, engagement with project partners and regular communication with other parties involved. The position requires a senior professional, ideally with experience in both development and media sectors.
Please note that this is an Islamabad based position and work from home or remote work options are not available.
Skills & Requirements
- At least ten years of full time working experience, with at least five years of working directly in the journalism and media sector.
- A strong pre-existing network within media fraternity, including with journalist unions, representative bodies and women journalists
- Demonstrate ability to mobilise communities
- Demonstrated experience of team management
- Demonstrated experience of being able to deliver within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to write in versatile ways
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in team(s), time management, and to work on deadlines is important.
- Manage operations and implementation of assigned project(s) and tasks in coordination with the Director Programs and the Senior Program Manager(s),
- Manage and coordinate the project team and ensure timely implementation of project activities,
- Coordinate with design and communication managers among others to create communication and visibility products,
- Oversight and support for project parters,
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure documentation and assessment,
- Support Director Programs and the Senior Program Manager(s) for preparation of regular project implementation reports and other project management documentation.
For more information please contact HR@mediamatters.pk
How to Apply?
Send your CVs along with a cover letter to HR@mediamatters.pk no later than 10th October 2021. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW