Summary of Work:
Media Matters for Democracy (MMFD) is Pakistan’s leading media development organisation, and works extensively on Media and Information Literacy (MIL) and digital media. MMFD has recently rolled out a ‘Digital Media Fellowship Program’ through it’s in-house media incubator ‘The Media Lab’ to provide acceleration services to a cohort of 10 selected digital media startups.
During the fellowship period, the selected media outlets will be engaged in a design thinking sprint to help them identify challenges and opportunities, and capitalise of them.
Interested parties are requested to send a proposal at HR@mediamatters.pk
Terms of Reference:
Interested parties / individuals / companies will be engaged for TWO 3-day long residency training programs and prepare content to conduct the Design Thinking training with focus on the following.
- Expose startups to the design process as a tool for innovation.
- Develop startups’ professional skills in client management and communication.
- Demonstrate the value of developing a local network and assist startups in making lasting connections with the business community.
- Startups develop a portfolio of work to set them apart in the job market.
- Provide an authentic opportunity for startups to develop teamwork and leadership skills.
The Design Thinking training must aim at achieving the following Learning Outcomes
• Startups develop a strong understanding of the Design Process and how it can be applied in a variety of business settings
• Startups learn to research and understand the unique needs of a company around specific challenges
• Startups learn to build empathy for target audiences from different “cultures”
• Startups learn to develop and test innovative ideas through a rapid iteration cycle
• Startups develop professional interpersonal and presentation skills
• Startups develop professional communication skills such as interviewing and crafting professional emails
• Startups learn to take ownership of the quality of their work and final products
• Startups understand their duty to maintain ethical standards in product and strategy design
• Startups understand the long term impact of design decisions
• Startups understand the value of and have tools to develop a strong network
Leadership and teamwork
• Startups develop self-awareness of personal leadership style and how to effectively workas a member of a team
• Startups collaborate on a variety of projects
• Startups develop communication skills necessary to facilitate high performance team formation and maintenance (e.g., leveraging the skills and abilities of all team members, valuing cross-disciplinary/cultural contributions, engaging in difficult conversations and resolving conflict)