Position: Finance Officer
Program: Media Development and Media and Information Literacy (Media Dev and MIL)
Contract: Short-term employment (6 months). Full-time (40 hours a week). Potentially Extendable.
Remuneration: 75,000 PKR / Month
About the Position
This is a 6-month long (likely extendable) position focused on financial reporting and compliances. The Finance Officer will support the Admin and Finance in implementation the pre defined polices and procedures of the organisation. The Finance Officer should be able to report the project financials and preparation of organisational financials as well.
Please note that this is an Islamabad based position and work from home or remote work options are not available.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting and Finance,
- Knowledge of Accounting standards for NPOs,
- Knowledge and experience of Income and GST withholding taxes and EOBI compliances,
- Excellent understanding of QuickBooks,
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Ensure Project expenses are being incurred according to specific project budget line,
- Ensure financial activities are complying with the predefined policies and procedures of the organisation,
- Ensure compliances with Donor and Government policies,
- Maintain and segregate the financial record according to Projects requirements,
- Proceed procurements and payments against project expenses, withholding of GST, income tax and filing of taxes withheld,
- Preparation of activities and project budget,
- Preparation of Financial reports to Donor,
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statement,
- Ledger maintenance, preparation of financial statements and dealing with external auditors,
- Filing and compliances with EOBI,
- Any other task assigned by Director Operations and Sr. Manager Finance.
For more information please contact HR@mediamatters.pk
How To Apply
Send your CVs along with a cover letter to HR@mediamatters.pk no later than 10th October 2021. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW