Position: Communications Manager
Program: Media Development and Media and Information Literacy (Media Dev and MIL)
Contract: Short-term employment (6 months). Full-time (40 hours a week). Unextendable contract.
Remuneration: 100,000 PKR / Month
About the Position
This is a short term (6-month long) position aimed at assisting with the management of all digital communications for a project focused on media development and the capacity building of journalists. The communications officer would be mainly be responsible for planning and creating different streams of content for MMFD’s websites and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), and creation and deployment of an effective communications strategy for maximum reach and engagement. The engagement also involves creating a number of digital campaigns on themes related to MIL and media development.
Please note that this is an Islamabad based position and work from home or remote work options are not available.
Skills & Requirements
- At least two years of full time working experience in a communication focused role,
- Excellent design aesthetics,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Good understanding of audience and engagement on different digital platforms,
- Basic understanding of the media and journalism in Pakistan,
- Ability to work in team(s), time management, and to work on deadlines is important,
- Ability to type in Urdu would be a plus.
- Ensure effective communication with project partners,
- Initiate and ensure connection and coordination with communities being engaged,
- Support mobilisation manager in outreach and mobilisation.
For more information please contact HR@mediamatters.pk
How to Apply
Send your CVs along with a cover letter to HR@mediamatters.pk no later than 10th October 2021. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW